The use of AgraQuest’s technologies as nutritional supplements, topical treatments and pest suppression are ways that the BioInnovations Division is helping to improve the food chain and benefit consumers outside of the plant protection world. AgraQuest is developing proprietary intellectual property to act as probiotics, mold suppressants for feed, antimicrobials, fumigants and pest control/repellants.
- Opportunity: Nutritional solution acting as an alternative to antibiotic growth promoters.
- Opportunity: Mold and toxin inhibition in feed. Topical antimicrobial. Fumigation of livestock facilities.
- Opportunity: Feed preservative and/or silage inoculant.
- Opportunity: Insecticide and acaricide for livestock facilities. Companion animal insecticide/repellant.
AgraQuest recently developed SYMPATIC™, a new direct-fed microbial (DFM) for the animal health and nutrition market, specifically for poultry. SYMPATIC is:
- a cost-effective, reliable means of achieving natural gut health without the need for in-feed growth promoting antibiotics for poultry,
- based on a naturally occurring, patented strain of Bacillus subtilis (QST 713) and delivers a robust population of bacteria to bring balance to the flora while communicating and coordinating host immune response, and
- complementary to common nutrition and health management practices and is designed to be added prior to pelletization.
To learn more about AgraQuest’s animal health, nutrition and hygiene partnership opportunities and technologies, please contact Joe Schmidt at .